H1B transfer - Start Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer - Start Date

Currently I am transfering my H1B visa from company A to company B. The company B have mailed my paperwork last thursdayand they have asked me to start, coming monday.

I would like to know

1)It is safe to start with just the FedEx acknowledgement receipt?

2) Or do i have to wait for my formal CIS receipt notice, if so how long will it take to process the receipt notice.

Thanks.

Not until ...

... your transfer has been approved and you get the original petition from USCIS.

You cannot work for the new company till then and they cannot run your payroll either.

Take care.

Comment

Hi Knowledgeable and OP

As far as I know, for a H1 transfer case, one can start working with the new employer based on the application received receipt from USCIS.

Comment

Not sure

Originally posted by orion
        As far as I know, for a H1 transfer case, one can start working with the new employer based on the application received receipt from USCIS.
        What do u mean by application received receipt?

Is it the FedEx receipt u r talking about or the original one that USCIS sends with wac number and receipt date

Comment

I meant to say you are ok to start based on the Fedex (or any carrier for that matter) receipt. You need not wait for the petition to be approved or to get a case number assigned.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X