Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a Change of name can deny a H1 visa

Hi,

I am a software eng. Next year i am applying for H1 visa.My question is that if i change my name (basically i want to make it short) then are there chances that i can be denied a H1 visa.

I am a BE computer Engineer by qualifiaction.
    Please can anyone answer to my query

Thank you

Yes, definitely ...

... especially since you're a BE. If you had Masters or Phd, then you can get away with a name change easily.

Sorry !!!

Comment

H1 issues

I am a software eng. Next year i am applying for H1 visa.My question is that if i change my name (basically i want to make it short) then are there chances that i can be denied a H1 visa.

I am a BE computer Engineer by qualifiaction.
      Please can anyone answer to my query

---- What do you mean by name change or makeing it short. You have to do a lot of explanation with appropriate reasoning and stuff like that. Denial of H1 Visa is a totally different issue.

---- Are you speaking about H1 approval when you apply or H1 Visa when you appear for a Visa interview at a US consulate

---- Degrees, status and other personal achievements do not mean anything for a name change

---- All you are doing throwing out a question just to see the pulse

Subramanya

Comment

Name change has no effect to H1B, keep the news paper postings and the affidavit when you apply for a Visa. You should also request your employer to send an AMENDED I-129 petition to USCIS notifying such change. Good luck and hope you will fall in love with your new name..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X