Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa "Cancelled without Prejudice"

Hi,

I was working in Company A. I got my H1B Visa stamped through this company and it was valid till Feb 2009. I never travelled with this H1B Visa. I resigned my job with Company A.

I joined Company B in Aug 2007 and they asked me to apply for B1 Visa. I went for B1 Visa interview just couple of days back and the Consulate officer has stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" on my H1B Visa. But i got B1 Visa stamped.

What does this "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" on my H1B Visa means?

Is there any possibility to re-use this H1B Visa by transferring it to some other company or by any means? I am really worried a lot about my H1B Visa.

Even though i got B1 Visa stamped, i am not at all happy as my H1B is cancelled now.

Please clarify me. Can i do something to re-use my H1B Visa???

Thanks
    DJ

It is just...

What it says: Cancelled without prejudice - it was not due to any fraud or fault of yours.

What you could have done is to get H1B transfered to another company before resignation.

I do not know why you are surprised by what the Consulate has done to you.

And H1B is no more valid and it is just a 'relic' and can not be reused or recycled.

Good luck.

Comment

thank you for your information

Comment

H1B - Canceled Without Prejudice

hi,
        I have similar question but my case is bit complicated. I got H1B on July 2005.It is valid till July 2008. I came to USA on Dec,2005 with the same H1B and stayed here till Feb,2008.I returned back and then came here as student. While going for student Visa Interview then gave me F1 Visa but they made my H1B Visa Canceled Without Prejudice. I have no objection to that because anyway it expires on July,2008.

Now my question is while going for new H1B after I finish my studies in July,2009, can I use the old H1B petition because I haven't stayed complete 3 yrs in USA and 6 yrs haven't passed from the date of issue of my H1B visa. Some of people say that I can and I don't have to come to 60,000 Quota, some say I have to come to Quota again. I am confused, please suggest what could be the right answer.

Thanks
        Supratik

Comment

Search 'remainder' on the forum and read.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X