No announcement yet.

iTECH US Inc., Vermont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but i don't want to complain about them friends. there are other 40 + people on my companies H1B they all might get depoted. don't i have any other option ?

Comment

People don't get deported for employer violations. DOL makes sure that they pay the employees and you would be helping 40 people if you did.

Infact, they have created a special visa type for people that help the government prosecute such immigration crimes and violations. That will not apply to this case though.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I wonder if its really bad not to pay employees if they are not getting projects for him/her? Ideally that kind of negotiations happen before filing H1b and 90% employers hire you on percentage basis with a condition of no pay on bench. If this company is illegal then there are thousands of more.

For sure its abuse of H1b as a person out of payroll should not stay on H1b status. But again, thats happening everywhere. Hardly any company pays u on bench and if it does, its only for a few weeks after which you quit or are send offshore

Comment

in my case i never know that i am gonna do this kind of consulting job. i was told that i have one month training and than my pay will start.

Comment

To Rahul

Hello Rahul,
            I have been working in the iTech US from last 1.7 years and as far as I know they start pay salary after 1 month of bench period.

I my case I got my project with in one month but I know many guys those who came with me and didnt get job in one month and iTech paid them salary on bench.

Comment

DOL Cracks down on Desi bodyshops

Friends,

Be aware of your rights. Charging for H1B processing is illegal. Charging for any training is ILLEGAL. NOT PAYING ON BENCH IS ILLEGAL. To make things simple for you I am listing all the lawsuits from the following site and summarizing the findings. Dept of Labor has it very clear. Not paying on becnh is illegal. A person is considered on bench if the employment is not properly terminated.

Charging for H1B processing is illegal. Charging for any training is ILLEGAL. NOT PAYING ON BENCH IS ILLEGAL
              2003-LCA-12 Neerja Rajan vs International Business Solutions.

Making employee sign bonds which says that employee must pay XYZ $ if he /she leaves before n months IS ILLEGAL. THERE IS NO BONDED LABOR.
              2006-LCA-29 USDOL Vs Avenue Dental

You must complain to DOL if you feel you have been wronged. There is no time limit for complaining. You can complain even if you ARE NOT IN USA. You can complain from India. The judge will listen to your case on phone. You DON’T NEED A LAWYER. THE DOL WILL FIGHT THE CASE ON YOUR BEHALF. YOU JUST NEED TO MAKE A COMPLAIN TO DOL WITH SOME SOLID DETAILS. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PROVIDE SOME SOLID INFOR. DOL MAY THINK YOU ARE JOKING IF YOU DONT PROVIDE SOME CONCRETE INFO.

WHEN YOU COMPLAIN, DOL WILL INVESTIGATE THE ENTIRE COMPANY AND NOT JUST YOUR FILE. SO EMPLOYER WILL NOT KNOW ITS YOU WHO FILED COMPLAINT. THEY WILL ASK EMPLOYER TO SHOW ALL PAYSTUBS AND THEN TELL EMPLOYER TO PAY ALL H1B EMPLOYEES THE CORRECT WAGE ( NOT PAID ON BENCH, H1 FEE CHARGED, TRAINING FEE, ETC). SO YOUR IDENTITY WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL. IF THE EMPLOYER DOESNT COMPLY THEN THE DOL WILL FILE LAWSUIT AGAISNT HIM/HER AND YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY PROTECTED AGAINST RETALIATION. IF THE EMPLOYER DARES TO RETALIATE ( BY TRYING TO CANCEL YOUR VISA), HE WILL BE IN MUCH MUCH BIGGER TROUBLE. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO LEAVE USA.

2004-LCA-6 Amtel vs Yongmahakapakorn ( Rung)

Employee need not ask for bench pay. Employer must give even without asking
              2005-LCA-36 Zhaolin Mao vs George Nasser

Employment is not terminated unless employer does the three things –
              1) Give employee notification of termination
              2) Inform INS
              3) Offer return ticket

Employer cannot retaliate against employee( if employee complains to DOL) by cancelling his/her visa. This is because complaining to DOL is protected activity.
              2006-LCA-9 USDOL vs Clean Air Technologies

Employer needs to pay employee what amount is mentioned in LCA even though employe may be making extra money through other sources
              2004-LCA-21 USDOL vs Pegasus Consulting

Employer must pay even though employee has lied in resume
              2003-LCA-12 Neerja Rajan vs International Business Solutions

Your LCA doesn’t stop even if you convert to another visa. The employer has to pay you till end of LCA unless there was bonafide termination of employment i.e. notification to INS etc

Interest must be paid on backwages
              2006-LCA-9 USDOL vs Clean Air Technologies

Employer is personally responsible for the LCA violations. The DOL can make the employer pay from his own pocket by piercing the corporate veil. Company formation doesn’t remove liability of employer as an individual. The bodyshopper cannot declare bankruptcy to run away from his obligations
              2001- LCA-10 USDOL vs Mohan Kutty
              2004-LCA-40 USDOL vs Home mortgage
              2005-LCA-42 USDOL Vs Priority one software

In case employer fails to affect a bonafide termination then backwages need to be paid till end of visa period.

Courts will impose additional fines and penalties on employer.

Employer cannot mask bench time by deception by making you sign leave of absence letter
              2003-LCA-22, USDOL vs Synergy Systems
              2002 – LCA-22 USDOL Vs Novinvest

Employer is required to keep LCA ( all immigration papers) for Public examination and give you your visa papers. If employer doesn’t give immigration papers then he cannot terminate you. That means you must be paid as there has been no bonafide termination. The employer is required to keep LCA papers near the *******/coffee room.
              2003-LCA-15 USDOL vs Ken technologies

Employer cannot park visa by taking calculated risk

Courts understand that employee is desperate to maintain his/her visa status and sometimes is late for filing complaint
              2003-LCA-12 Neerja Rajan vs International Business Solutions

Most bodyshoppers are willful violators. Civil penalties will be imposed on them
              2004-LCA-40 USDOL vs Home mortgage
              2006-LCA-26 USDOL Vs API Accounting
              2003-LCA-22, USDOL vs Synergy Systems
              2006-LCA-26 USDOL Vs API Accounting
              -----

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL FRIENDS.LETS CREATE AWARENESS IN H1B COMMUNITY

Comment

H1B Queries

Are you able to change your jobs?? I am planning to go for H1 with iTech want to ask will they have a good documentation? so that they can get my petition approved? Also do they provide paystubs and approval documents once you join them?? Also how did you shift your jobs??

Please respond immediately

Regards,
                Sachin

Comment

nsrini101

Originally posted by Sachin_H1B View Post
                  Are you able to change your jobs?? I am planning to go for H1 with iTech want to ask will they have a good documentation? so that they can get my petition approved? Also do they provide paystubs and approval documents once you join them?? Also how did you shift your jobs??

Please respond immediately

Regards,
                  Sachin
                  I think all non immigrant workers(L1 and H1B) should not go to companies unless all visa processing fees are accepted by these companies. If u accept to pay on behalf of the companies via salary deduction over a period, you are complicit or colluding with the company in visa cheating. Come on guys, do not get into this trap. Accept a lower salary itself in lieu for an year or try with other companies. If your experience is not ****, and if u are good, u will get offers. Hurrying up things with **** certificates or **** companies will do no good to you or others.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X