Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B lottery status for this year

Hi,
    When do we get to know the status of our application i.e whether it is through with the lottery system or not?

H1 applications

When do we get to know the status of our application i.e whether it is through with the lottery system or not?

---- 1. Once you receive a receipt and receipt number that means your application was accepted by USCIS

---- 2. Once you receive an approval notice in hand your applicaiton has been approved

Subramanya

Comment

Assuming lottery will be needed...

USCIS will start sending receipts to those who get picked up in the lottery AFTER the lottery process is officially completed. If you don't get picked up in the lottery, you don't get a receipt but, instead, your employer will get your packet back along with filing fees.

No one knows when the lottery is supposed to happen, if at all it should. Stay tuned to USCIS.gov for details.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

It will be at the least April 3rd-4th week (for PP) candidates to know of the selection if they have an employer/lawyer that is cooperative enough to look up the check cashing image for the receipt#.

For general applicants, month of May might be a good estimate if selected.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

guys..thanks for ur replies.

Comment

If not selected in the lottery, the filing fees will be returned. Can someone tell me if the premium processing component shall be returned as well? I mean the additional 1000$ for PP.

Comment

Originally posted by jinneebhat
              If not selected in the lottery, the filing fees will be returned. Can someone tell me if the premium processing component shall be returned as well? I mean the additional 1000$ for PP.
              Yes.
              Check out H1 FAQs first!
              http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X