Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1-b help

Hi all,

I am from India, i would like to apply h1-b next year. I have only 15 years of education. In that, 5 years is distance education.

Could you pls let me know can i apply or not. If not pls tell me the solution.

Thanks in adv.

Each year of education can be overcome with 3 years of experience. Do you have a Bachelor's degree? What kind of education are you talking about?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by usvisa1
      Hi all,

I am from India, i would like to apply h1-b next year. I have only 15 years of education. In that, 5 years is distance education.

Could you pls let me know can i apply or not. If not pls tell me the solution.

Thanks in adv.
      A Bachelor's degree equivalent to a 4 year US Bachelors in the field is needed. Every three years of experience in the field can be counted as 1 yr equivalent of education for the missing years. Exact words "three years of specialized training and/or work experience must be demonstrated for each year of co llege-level training the alien lacks".

Posting here for future reference from uscis.gov on specialty occupation..

"Specialty occupation means an occupation which requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge in fields of human endeavor including, but not limited to, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, business specialties, accounting, law, theology, and the arts, and which requires the attainment of a bachelor's degree or higher in a specific specialty, or its equivalent, as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the Unite d States. "
      Last edited by DMX17; 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X