Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I start a company in H4

edaseds
    Last edited by proberts; 04-04-2008, 02:06 PM. Reason: dont want to use my name

1.Can we start this business "now" or should we wait for our I-140 to be cleared?

Better wait for the I140 to be approved.

2.He says that he is going to start the business in my name and says that I will not be in trouble. IS IT TRUE?

So, you are scared? Your Adjustee/parolee status can provide you the ability to start a business on your EAD while your husband can maintain a nonimmigrant status like H1b. But if unfortunately the I140 gets denied, you will no longer be a parolee as the basis for the I485 is your I140 of the primary.

You are putting the business and the employee of the company at risk as you may have to shut the company down in the event of a denial immediately.

But remember, your husband while on H1b should not have anything to do with the comapny and should not do any work, even office maintenance or marketing for this company as per the law.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Nm.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X