Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H4

Hi,

right now we are in US.my spouse is on L1.we want to convert L1 to H4.want to quit the job.do we need to go back to India to get H4 stamped or it can be done here? note : marriage status is not updated in her passport.

Originally posted by kcmouli
    Hi,

right now we are in US.my spouse is on L1.we want to convert L1 to H4.want to quit the job.do we need to go back to India to get H4 stamped or it can be done here? note : marriage status is not updated in her passport.
    A Visa stamp can only be obtained at a consulate abroad and not in the U.S. You can, however, apply for a Change of Status from L1 to H4 within the U.S. A visa is only needed when your spouse wants to enter the U.S. on H4 status next time around. One can stay here with an approved COS with no visa on passport.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

thank you for the info.
      the info is of gr8 help to me.

Comment

What is L1 to H4?

right now we are in US.my spouse is on L1.we want to convert L1 to H4.want to quit the job.do we need to go back to India to get H4 stamped or it can be done here? note : marriage status is not updated in her passport

---- When your spouse is on L1 you can only be on L2 and not H4. There is no COS from L1 to H4. The only way is to got for L2. H4 status is only for a dependent of H1

---- May be you need to clarify your post

Subramanya

Comment

Is one of you holding a H1b?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X