Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query for H1B visa extension

Dear Friends,

I have a question regarding my H1B renewal/extension. Currently my H1B visa is valid until thru September ending this year, and, my current employer has applied visa renewal/extension couple of weeks ago with Start date as September 15, 2008.

I might go to India in August 1st week and thought of having visa stamping (for extension/renewal petition) on or before 08/15/2008? Would visit to a consulate for visa stamping on or before 08/15/2008 (actual start date on new/renewal petition is 09/15/2008 and current valid visa is 09/30/2008) pose a problem? Or how early (or soon or before) can I go (or have) for visa stamping?

Thanks for your help in advance,

AKS

You can go for visa stamping anytime after you get the renewal approved. There is no time period restrictions. The new visa will be granted till the end date of newly approved extension I797.

I've done it personally. No big deal. My extension was starting in Sep and I got my stamping done sometime in April.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X