Delay in Arriving to USA To Work After First H1 Got Stamped in Jan 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in Arriving to USA To Work After First H1 Got Stamped in Jan 2008

My friend went to India after finishing his MS in USA last year ( and of course before his OPT expired last year)

He has got his first H1B stamped in January 2008. However due to present job and family priorities so far he is still at home India (Not any emmergencies).

He plans to come in June or July in USA to work for his visa sponsoring employer consulting firm.

His visa sponsoring employer is has approved his delay in joining.

When he comes to USA (say) in July,

I realize theoretically when he comes should not pose any challange as long as employer blesses this...but in reality
    Would there be any possible issue that can be expected at immigration due to his delayed arrival?

I tried to look in immihelp, if someone in the past had similar delay, and there was problem of any kind.
    Any link if known to someone also would be appreciated.

Appreciate any replies which may thow light on factors that may go unseen otherwise.

R

As long as the job offer exists and he carries a latest employment letter with a new joining date, there will not be any issues.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi

I was on H1b which was stamped on June 2006 and entered US only on OCT 2007 and I didnt have any issues as I had a valid Visa.

The main thing is that your H1B employer should be ok with the delay and should provide you an updated employment letter.

Comment

I appreciate answers from both of you.

Thank you very much !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X