travelling on F1 with approved H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travelling on F1 with approved H1

i am currently on F1 & have been approved for H1 this year. so if i want to travel to india sumtimes end of this month and return on Aug 1st. can i reenter without any stamping in india?
    mine is under COS.

Thx for any reply.

You will abandon your COS if you travel before receiving the approval notice. You will need to appear for stamping and re-enter only on H1B in order to work. You may enter 10 days before your approved start date.

If you are no longer a student, entering on that stamp will be misrepresentation.

There are many discussions on this forum of your situation. Do a search to find more info.

Comment

If you have the approval notice on hand, you can travel and will still be able to use an approved COS to H1 on Oct 1st under Efren Hernandez memo if you re-enter before Oct 1st with a valid F1.

I assume you are on OPT. You can re-enter on a valid OPT and a valid F1 visa, if you have a job OR job offer. You cannot re-enter on F1 while you are in the 60 day grace period.

Keep mind if you do this, your status changes on Oct 1st to H1.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

If your entry is on a valid OPT and you have a valid F1 visa, you can enter before Oct 1st if you leave after H1b is approved and your status will change on Oct 1st to H1 as per the guidance of the Efren Hernandez memo.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X