Orignial Paystb vs Printed from company website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orignial Paystb vs Printed from company website

I am going for H1B visa stamping in chennai.

This month my employee missed to send my original pay stub and I have option to print from my company intranet site. But this one not looks like original. So this one is good for stamping or I need to get the original pay stub. Pls advice me.

Thanks, Kannan.K

Originally posted by raghuk2
    I am going for H1B visa stamping in chennai.

This month my employee missed to send my original pay stub and I have option to print from my company intranet site. But this one not looks like original. So this one is good for stamping or I need to get the original pay stub. Pls advice me.

Thanks, Kannan.K
    Kannan i would suggest you to get your companies seal stamped on the payslip. You can ask the payroll to do it for you. It would be much safer to do that !!

You also have the option of getting the salary certificate from your HR.

Comment

Printed paystubs are fine. I've never seen an original paystub that comes attached to a check in the past 6-7 years after direct deposit became the norm.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Wouldn't matter ...

... too much. As long as you have the copies and can establish the fact that the said amounts were deposited in your financial institution while the required deductions to SSA etc. were made, you're okay.

Of course try to get the original ones or with company's stamp, but its too much of a pain, don't worry too much.

Good luck.

Comment

Even with direct deposits, the original paystubs come attached with voided check.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
            Even with direct deposits, the original paystubs come attached with voided check.
            Depends on the payroll software used by the company. In my previous company, I could see an exact copy of the voided check with direct deposit along with the paystub. I believe ADP was the one handling paychecks for them.

Now, we are on peoplesoft and it is just an itemized list of deductions etc that we can print for the paystub. No check image.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X