Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping in Juarez in late May

Hello,

I am planning to go to Juarez, Mexico, to get my H1B visa stamp between May 27th through 30th.

I am on F-1 status, and my employer (a federal lab with H1B cap exemption) will file for H1B petition on May 9th with premium processing.

What I am concerned about is the duration it takes to get my visa stamped. The processing periods for appointment and visa processing at Juarez, Mexico, are currently 7 days and 28 days, respectively.

However, I've heard first hand accounts that the US consulate has 'express lanes' for people who are only getting their H1B visa stamped. People said that they were able to pick up their passport the day after their interviews. Unfortunately, these accounts are very old, older than 1 year, and I have very little confidence that things are still the same.

Can anyone with more recent accounts confirm that the visa stamping at Juarez can indeed be done in a couple of days?

Thank you very much for your help.

Ana

Visa processing is pretty fast and if you can ensure that PMIS data verification is complete before your visit by emailing the consulate your approved I797 and your appointment letter, you will get the passport possibly by the next day.

The H1b visa "express lane" is for only those that have appointments pre-scheduled and they do not accept walk-ins from third country nationals.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was going to ask you how I can ensure that PIMS data verification is complete, but you answered it for me.

Is [email protected] the correct email address for sending a copy of approved I797 and my appointment letter?

Ana

Originally posted by txh1b
      Visa processing is pretty fast and if you can ensure that PMIS data verification is complete before your visit by emailing the consulate your approved I797 and your appointment letter, you will get the passport possibly by the next day.

The H1b visa "express lane" is for only those that have appointments pre-scheduled and they do not accept walk-ins from third country nationals.

Comment

That seems right. Check it on other internet sources as well. Nvars has email address listed for the consulates. You can get it from the consulate website as well.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X