Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b visa stamping

Hi,
    I have 2 question: Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

1. I got my h1b approval and will change the status to h1b from L1 on Oct 1.
    However I may have to travel to India around Dec. While in India I need to get the h1b stamping done. Is there a possibility that the stamping can be rejected for some reason? How do I reenter in that case?

2. If I leave the country now (May) and for some reason change my mind and decide to stay in India, can I reenter after say 2 years?. Also will I be able to stay in US for 6years from that point?

Thanks,
    ak47

1. If they do not approve your H1 due to some reasons, they usually give you an 221(g). There are different types of 221gs. E.g employer documents such as taxes, number of employees etc. If you work for a decent company this may not be the case. So it depends. You may still be able to use your L1 though.

2. Yes. Yes.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by ak47
      Hi,
      I have 2 question: Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

1. I got my h1b approval and will change the status to h1b from L1 on Oct 1.
      However I may have to travel to India around Dec. While in India I need to get the h1b stamping done. Is there a possibility that the stamping can be rejected for some reason? How do I reenter in that case?

2. If I leave the country now (May) and for some reason change my mind and decide to stay in India, can I reenter after say 2 years?. Also will I be able to stay in US for 6years from that point?

Thanks,
      ak47
      a
      Last edited by ak47; 05-06-2008, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Hi,
        While in India if the company that sponsered the visa shuts down, do I need to get a fresh h1b or can I transfer to another employer?

Thanks,
        ak47

Comment

You need a new H1b (transfer that is not subject to cap/quota again) and that can be done outside US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X