Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conversion of H4 to H1B

hello,
    please help me with my query,right now i am having H4 visa and recently i have applied for H1B visa and its got selected in the lottery,can i go to other country (other than USA) i.e., Canada or Mexico for H1B stamping there it self or else i have to wait in india till the stamping is completed and is there any problem for stamping in india for changing H4 to H1B ,as i was thinking to go with my spouse,please tell me the exact process for the stamping ,whether to go in india or in abroad.

You can go to any country and the third country is preferred if you have a US degree. Many people without US degree get the visa stamped successfully. For the process with H1b, refer to immihelp main page and click on H1, follow the links.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

confused for my stamping

Hi Thanks alot, i have completed my engineering and from since 3 years i am in software field and right noe my husband is ready to leave US with in 2 months by H1B visa and still i have to wait for 3 to 4 months and in the mean time if i'll get the documents from my consultancy can i go for stamping here it self i.e., is it safe for me ? and is there any chance to ask questions to me in india ?
      please clarify my doubts and please help me!!!!

Comment

You can go for H4 stamping with your husband, come along with him to US. Once the H1b is approved, you can file for a COS from H4 to H1b while in the US without having to go for a stamping. Refer to the H1b FAQs from the main page to educate yourself about the process.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Better to get the stamping before you enter US. If you come into the country and go for COS, thats when shady consultants get the opportunity to not provide you with your approved petition and do crappy things like that.

The above was on a different note, I absolutely agree with advice by other senior member/s below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X