Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 (g) H1

Hello ppl,

I attended H1 interview @ chennai cosulate along with my wife and son (H4) during mid of January 2008 and got 221 (g) blue form requesting for Client documents. They asked me to drop my documents with out passport.

Now I have received all the documents from my employer. As per the procedure I need to submit new DS156 and DS 157 forms along with the requested documents.

My question is:

1. Do I need to submit new DS156 and DS 157 for my wife and son?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Would not hurt to do so.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Fees

WEll, every form you submit at embassy , one has to pay for it and that is expensive almost Rs 6000/- per applicant and if there are three applicants as stated below ---it is going to cost our friend dearly.

Comment

Feee

Does this mean that, I have to pay approx Rs 6000 for each DS 156? I am not applying for new appointment... I am addressing 221 G query. please clarify.

I will be using https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/ for filling up DS 156. So do I need to pay money for this?

thanks,

Comment

Well, didn't you pay the fees the first time when you got the 221g? I assume you paid for all your dependents as well. I would think that you just need to submit the forms and no fees.

Besides, just follow the instructions.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!
          http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

fee

Yes I paid for all dependents.

anyways thanks for your information.

Comment

Fees

Incase if they have asked you to submit all the papers and put it in the drop BOX, in that case you need not fill up Forms 156 and 157 as also the FEES. I hope i am right.
              Any interview with the Visa Officer shall invite a hole in your pocket. You got to pay the FEES for their services.
              CIAO

Comment

No fee

Hi All,

Just want to update........

Today I went to VFS office @ bangalore...submitted requested documents along with DS 156 and DS 157 of mine, my wife and my kid.

If you are dropping the documents in VFS drop box for addressing 221 (g) query...no need to pay fee of rupees 6000 [approximatly] ...

just need to pay 150 ruppes per DS 156 form [150 rupees perr person].

One more thing, in my 221 (g) form...it was mentioned that the VFS office is in St. marks road...actually it shifted to infantry road...opp to Noor & company ...near Empire hotel.

Hope I get a VISA this time.

Thanks,
                Suresh

Comment

Question

Hi All,

As I explained in my previous thread, I submitted documents requested in 221 (g) blue form. And I did not heard from Consulate for almost 2 weeks. So I sent an email to Consulate asking them for my case status.

Below is the reply I got from them.

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Our records show that Mr. Navneeth Suresh Sanka's case is still under administrative processing. We will contact him as soon as it is completed.

Sincerely,

Where Mr. Navneeth Suresh Sanka is my minor son [he will be 2 years old by july].

My question is , What do they mean by Administrative Processing?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,
                  Suresh
                  Last edited by sanksuri; 05-28-2008, 09:44 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X