X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment

Hello ALL,
    Greetings..

Company 'A' holds my H1B and later in January, it was succedeed by company 'B'. As company 'B' is a successor of 'A', there was no need to transfer/file H1B by company 'B'. The company 'B' has moved to a new location a week back and my attorney has suggested me to do an amendment for this one.

As per my attorney, amendment is not required for my dependants. In this case, my dependant has currently 'A' specified on her I-797( Notice of action) and after this amendment I will have company 'B' in my I-797( Notice of action.

Company name will be different in my I-797 and my dependant's. Is it going to create any problem when I go for stamping during my next visit to India? If YES, what should I do now..and if NO what extra documents I should carry for my visa stamping?

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Sincerely,
    Raju
    Last edited by rajubuthi; 05-08-2008, 02:30 PM.

For dependents, it is more about the date rather than the company. If I-94 for H4 is valid, there is no need to amend/change their petition.

As long as the H1b maintains status, the dependents are fine provided their I-94 is valid.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X