Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer - Without Pay Slip - Please Reply

Hi,
    My consultant helped me very hard to get my H1B, Now I am in USA in Bench without pay for nearly 2 months. My consultant struggling to get me job.

I am getting offers for H1B Transfer, Kindly let me know any option to transfer my H1B without paystub.

Thanks,
    Immi-User

Not possible. Be informed that these H1b transfer offers might also be from consulting companies that don't have a project for you but are enticing you as prospective business.

The employer MUST pay you bench salary as per the law. Follow the H1b links from the main page and look for Complaint against employer or google for DOL + WH4.
    Last edited by txh1b; 05-12-2008, 04:45 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Reply:Thanks..Let me know

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply.

kindly let me know the h1b transfer can be done using the bench pay stub, If i ask them to provide.

Thanks,
      rajkarus

Comment

Originally posted by rajkarus
        kindly let me know the h1b transfer can be done using the bench pay stub, If i ask them to provide.
        Excuse my ignorance. A paystub is a paystub. What is this special bench paystub that you mention?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Can I use my B1 Visa, when I am in H1b

Hi,
          Please let me know whether i can use my B1 visa when I am in H1b Visa.

Thanks,
          rajkarus
          Last edited by rajkarus; 05-12-2008, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Hi,
            Please let me know whether i can use my B1 visa when I am in H1b Visa.
            What does that mean? If you have a valid B1 visa, you can travel/enter on a B1. You cannot choose your status after your entry. Status changes are handled by USCIS.

Comment

plz Tell whether i can change my visa status from h1b to b1

plz Tell me whether i can change my visa status from h1b to b1, without leaving the country and change back to h1b once 3 month is over.

Comment

plz Tell me whether i can change my visa status from h1b to b1, without leaving the country and change back to h1b once 3 month is over.
                I have already told you status changes are handled by USCIS and no status changes are permitted if you are currently out of status without a paycheck on H1b.

Any status change requires the person to be currently in status.

Comment

Thanks!!! it is a Great Help with the info

Thanks for your reply. As said My consultant struggled hard to get me visa, Let me wait for few more days before taking any decision.

Thanks,
                  rajkarus

Comment

On B1 you are expected to be traveling on business for an employer based outside the US.

You would have to use B2; B2 is visiting for tourism. You may have difficulty re-entering in this status given that you have not been working. Even though you have the visa stamp, it is the border agent who determines whether you may enter based on the circumstances you present at that time.

Comment

Laid-off and H1 Tx to Multiple employer

I got laid-off on Nov-05-2008 from a top consulting company "X" and have salary slip till Nov-05-2008. Just to save my status immediately, i applied for H1 transfer thru a small Consulting company "A" on Nov-14-2008(9 days out of status) .I dont have any salary slip and planned to start a Project on Dec 1 2009 thru Company "A".

I got another offer from Big Consulting company "B" and planning to Transfer H1(Premium Processing) on Nov-22-2008, basis on the Company "X" Salary slip(Ending period Nov-05-2008).

What are the Risk involved in Transferring H1 to Company "B" ? What do you recommend, Should I stay with Company "A" and start the project(risky) on Dec-1 or can i Move to Company "B" for secure and better opportunities?

If INS doesnt attach I94(Due to out of status for few(9-10) days) then i may have to go out of USA and Stamped Visa, Visa stamping may be a problem incase of small company.

What is the best,legal and safe available option for me?
                      Last edited by immi4674; 11-23-2008, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X