• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got H1B need to update passport

Hi,

I'm from India.
    I got married in 2004.
    Applied for passport in 2005 as unmarried.

In 2007 I registered my marriage and my wife has applied for passport with that marriage certificate.

Now I got H1B stamped on my passport. But I have to update my passport as I have married. My wife has to go for H4 stamping. Then only I can plan for my travel to US.

As per her passport records we got married in 2004. But as per my
    passport at that time I was unmarried.

Please suggest me how I have to update my passport without affecting my
    H1B stamping.

Thanks in advance..

There is no requirement for the passport to say married for a H4 visa stamp. I don't remember my marital status being mentioned anywhere in my passport neither does my wife has my name or marital status on her PP.

BTW, Why the heck does one need to lie as unmarried on the passport application?

Getting it changed is not a big deal. Just go to the passport office and follow instructions.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Adding your wife name in the passport will not take much time. But its not mandatory and without adding your wife name you can go for stamping but it will be good if your name is entered in your wife passport.

Comment

Hi txh1b & eswar,

Thanks for the immediate replies.

Comment

Got visa one month before my LCA expiration

Hi,

I got H1B after 2 years after facing many 221(g). My LCA , I797 is valid till 30th September 2008. What will I have to do.. Is there any legal way to extend my LCA. Please explain all the possible ways to face the situtation with out applying for another H1B.

Please can any body explains.. urgent..

Thanks in advance..

Raghu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X