Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa_ Pls help us!!!! Urgent!

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to thanks for this forum since I found this is a very helpfull forum.

I'm new member and much appreciate for your kind help for my case.

I'm in H1B and my husband now would like to joint me. My I-797 was issued in March 2008 under my single status since I get marriage in April 2008 ( 1 month after my I-797 was approved). Yesterday, my husband came to US consulate for H4 visa interview and he got a notice from them which is under 221(g) clause (they did not note in details what kind of paper they asking for). According to US consulate, the dependant's information ( my husband's information) has not been showed/ declared in my I-797 and thats not prove enough for our relative...event my husband did show them our marriage certificate. Then, they ask us to submit additional paper beside the Marriage certificate. I'm not sure if this problem caused from my single status in I-797 which I applied before marriage or not. Do anybody get this same situation? Pls advice us:

1. As my understanding, dependant's information usually will not be showed on I-797, am I right pls? If yes, what is the paper I should complete as additional pls?

2. If no, will it OK and enough if I myself write a letter to US Consulate with notarize said that I get marriage after my H1B approval pls? or is its better if my company write letter directly to US consulate confirm our relative as well as my current employee at company...with request of grant H4 visa for my husband to them?

Pls help us since it urgent
    Thank you very much.

There is no dependent information in the I797. You need to get a letter from your employer addressed to the consulate that XYZ is your spouse and would like to join you who is on H1b visa working since ABC date. The HR of companies know what format it needs to be in.

In a 221g case, it is informed what else is needed to process the case. You can write a letter mentioning the marriage and he should carry photo album of marriage, photos with elders etc to the consulate.

Look up H4 documents list on the immihelp main page.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot txh1b.
      I also have one more question need your kind help:
      For my case, should I get 2 letters : 1 letter from my employer and 1 letter I write myself that mentioning the marriage? or only the letter from my employer is enough?
      Much appreciated.

Comment

Send both. You don't have anything to lose right?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Question

Hi Cath

I am in the same situation like yours. Did you resolve your problem already? which documents were asked on the 221g??

I already receive my i-797 and I am getting married in october 2008 and then me and my future wife will go together to get our visas stamped.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X