Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 help

hi all

i just need ur help..my husband left to US on H1B visa..nw we want to apply for my H4..he left in april..but still not got his SSN number without which he cannot work..can i apply with a single payslip??wil there b any problem that there was 2months gap n only after that time he started working???
    one more thing is that my L1B was rejected in march...will dat cause any problems??

dat might or might na be problem in ur H4 interview. but da things is on H1, ur husband must get paid all da time. na having a SSN is no reason for da employer to not pay.

rejected L1b is na a problem.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

but then how will d salary b credited for him without ssn??i dont hav much idea abt it..dats y..

Comment

Oh please! This is not a cell phone. Take time to spell out the words. The last time I posted on the forum, it was still free and there is no charge!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

but then how will d(the) salary b(be) credited for him without ssn??i dont have much idea about it..dats y(why)..

is this fine?????

Comment

Dear twets

It is not fine, to take offense at being pointed out about the mannerism, grammar, etc in a forum like this.

Come on, if one is planning to come into a country on work visa, the person should be able to set some 'professionalism' in asking questions or framing questions.

There are slangs and grammar acceptable within certain circle and situations, and I do believe a forum of this sort requires posting the problem clearly so that all who want to respond could do so without being inconvenienced with the style of the language or writing.

Take care buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by novice2007

There are slangs and grammar acceptable within certain circle and situations, and I do believe a forum of this sort requires posting the problem clearly so that all who want to respond could do so without being inconvenienced with the style of the language or writing.
              ... especially when some of the members who contribute might be prominent immigration attorneys that the world is waiting for.

dats y i rplyd da way i did ma man.
              Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Originally posted by twets
                but then how will d(the) salary b(be) credited for him without ssn??i dont have much idea about it..dats y(why)..

is this fine?????
                Good HRs know how.
                Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Originally posted by twets
                  is this fine?????
                  No, it isn't for me. Are you trying to educate me with the slags and the right words? If so, you missed "dats"

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I am here for help and not to teach anyone...Sorry if i had hurted your feelings..

can anyone help me out with the question??

Thanks in advance

Comment

Precisely, and you have been helped by DMX.

I-9 requirement for paying/hiring does not need the SSN to be presented. Good HR personnal and companies know how to pay people when SSN is not available and some also do it in the form of back wages.
                      Last edited by txh1b; 05-23-2008, 10:04 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X