Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Interview & present occupation

Hi,

I am planning to move out of my current job and take a break for the next 3-4 months and is planning to work on some idea before going for my H1 interview at Chennai. So my question is, is it really required that i should have a current job and work for some company, when i go for an interview ? or can i say that i was trying out something on my own during the past 2-3 months during the interview ? Does anybody has a similar experience ? I have been working in the industry for the past 11 years.

Thanks, Biju

Ideas

I am planning to move out of my current job and take a break for the next 3-4 months and is planning to work on some idea before going for my H1 interview at Chennai. So my question is, is it really required that i should have a current job and work for some company, when i go for an interview ? or can i say that i was trying out something on my own during the past 2-3 months during the interview ? Does anybody has a similar experience ? I have been working in the industry for the past 11 years.

---- The H1 is tied to a sponsoring employer. Once you resign/move out or any of these actions, you are immediately out of status and your H1 is no longer valid.

---- If you want to work out on your onw in teh US, you have to apply for the Green Card, go through the grind of the selection process, qualify fo that and then at the stage of having applied for I-485 you can start something of your own. Till that time you have to work for an employer and all you can do is plan for the future and keep your ideas alive

---- Applying and later apprearing for a H1 Visa at the US Consulate saying that you are trying something on your own in the US is a sure shot and straight rejection of granting you a Visa

---- If you have ideas why do have to come to US to do that? Try them in your home country i.e. India and you can be successful

---- H1 is tied to a job and issued to a person due to his/her experience, qualifications etc

Subramanya

Comment

Hi Subra,

Thanks for your comments and sorry for not putting all the details.

I am currently in India and i am planning to resign from my current job here in india and do something here in india for the next 3-4 months. But i got a job offer from a consultancy company along with a h1. So my question was will it create a problem, if i go for an interview at chennai ? I hold an M.Tech in Electronics & Communication engineering and have been working in india for the past 11 years.

Regards, Biju

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- The H1 is tied to a sponsoring employer. Once you resign/move out or any of these actions, you are immediately out of status and your H1 is no longer valid.

---- If you want to work out on your onw in teh US, you have to apply for the Green Card, go through the grind of the selection process, qualify fo that and then at the stage of having applied for I-485 you can start something of your own. Till that time you have to work for an employer and all you can do is plan for the future and keep your ideas alive

---- Applying and later apprearing for a H1 Visa at the US Consulate saying that you are trying something on your own in the US is a sure shot and straight rejection of granting you a Visa

---- If you have ideas why do have to come to US to do that? Try them in your home country i.e. India and you can be successful

---- H1 is tied to a job and issued to a person due to his/her experience, qualifications etc

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X