Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping in Mexico

Hi,

I came to US on B1 and got my status changed to H1B as I already have an approved H1B petition.

Its been 1.5 Yrs in US now and now I'm planning to go to Mexico to get my H1B stamped.

Will there be any problem to get my passport stamped with H1B, as I took this long for stamping ?

Please suggest.

Thanks
    Payal

No probelms just because you took this long.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Thanks a Lot !!

I have one more question.

Incase if the stamping is rejected in Mexico, can I still return back to US and work or do I need to leave to India straight away from Mexico ?

Please clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by payal99
        Thanks a Lot !!

I have one more question.

Incase if the stamping is rejected in Mexico, can I still return back to US and work or do I need to leave to India straight away from Mexico ?

Please clarify.
        You need a visa to enter the U.S. I don't exactly know what people in such situation do in case of Mexico.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

You should leave directly from mexico and only international airport that flies to Europe is in Mexico city. Some 221g admin processing cases, the VOs have given temporary admission letter for 30 days or so for people to enter US. There are also instances of some people going through secondary inspection as they have a valid I-94 and returning. All these are applicaple for admin processing only.

If it is a rejection, a flight back home is inevitable.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

For every H1B transfer to a new employer, do I need to go for a new H1B stamping every time ?

Please clarify.

Thanks
            Payal

Comment

This question is posted at least once every day. Take time to read the forum.

NO

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X