Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 renewal URGENT!!!!

Hi,

I'm on H1 visa and currently working in US, my wife and daughter(born in US) have gone to India for 3months trip. I'm planning to bring them back. Our visa got expired last year 2007 sep 30th, before that we got our extension I797approved. Now she will be attending consulate in India for visa renewal,my questions are
    1) My visa has expired but have renewal I797 with expire dt 09/30/2010, is it ok to send copy of my I797along with passport copy or should I send original 797?
    2)In form DS156 question no:37, should I check 'yes' for son/daughter, as my daughter is US citizen or is it only for persons in US i.e, just me?
    3)Should I send original paystubs or copies of paystubs and also marriage certificate should it be original or copy?
    4) Does she have to carry wedding album and wedding card for VISA renewal, first time she took all those for interview.
    5)Qestion 36:Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf, if yes who? we have applied for greencard and got labor and 140 approved, also have EAD and AP. Should I mention yes and mention my name?

Thanks,
    Prashanth

1. Consulate asks for original I797
    2. It is for whoever is currently in US.
    3. Originals are preferred. A copy of paycheck is also fine. If it is a renewal case, it is not a big deal. Is this a first time H4 stamping, then you need to be cautions.
    4. Not needed. But just carry a small family album with pics taken in US etc. Not required but good to have.
    5. Yes and mention your name.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks for the reply, have I797?

Thanks for the reply, should I send my original I797? That represents my status in US, I mean I94 in my passport has expired and the I94 in I797 is till 09/30/2010. Should I send copy or original?

Comment

Originally posted by bpreddy78
        Thanks for the reply, should I send my original I797? That represents my status in US, I mean I94 in my passport has expired and the I94 in I797 is till 09/30/2010. Should I send copy or original?
        Who is asking you to send the I-94? Read the I797. It asks you to detach the I-94 and staple it to the white I-94 from your passport. The original I797 is the top portion of the approval and the little save for your record portion of I-94.

You keep the original I-94 that came with the I797 approval and staple it to your passport. Like you said, that is for your status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H4 got visa renewal

Thanks for your suggestion, everything worked out well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X