I applied for an h1 - h4 transfer for my wife. We have a receipt number from INS. Now her H1 has expired. My wife has to travel abroad. Will her Change of Status application I539 be abandoned? Will she be considered out of status for the time period between her H1 expiry and the date she leaves the country? Any help will be much appreciated.