Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approval notice I797

hey guys!
    i applied for H1b visa in April 2008. my attorney did all the papers for me and my employer.
    1. i passed the lottery, my attorney sent me an e-mail, but she didn't give me the receipt no. , in order to check my status online. She is out of country til August. Is any way that I can find that receipt no.? or another way that i can check my status?
    2. i am not going to work for the same employer (my sponsor) and I am planning to change it as soon as i will get my approval notice-I797. do you know where that approval notice is going to be sent: to employer or to my lawyer?
    note: the employer didn't get the receipt, my lawyer got it.
    thank you!

Your only source is the lawyer. The lawyer will be the first one (and the only one) to receive the I-797.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

1. Is it a 1 person office or what? ATtorney should have someone in the office to handle RFEs etc from petitions.
      2. To the attorney. To change employer, you need the petition to get approved first. With your attorney vacationing, who will answer if there is a RFE?

Wrong choice of employer and the attorney. Immigration is a time sensitive issue and you need an attorney that is accessible.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        1. Is it a 1 person office or what? ATtorney should have someone in the office to handle RFEs etc from petitions.
        2. To the attorney. To change employer, you need the petition to get approved first. With your attorney vacationing, who will answer if there is a RFE?

Wrong choice of employer and the attorney. Immigration is a time sensitive issue and you need an attorney that is accessible.
        i do know that i did a bad choice with both: my employer and my lawyer. But what can I do now? i just have to be optimistic and find solutions.
        so, my main goal is to get those papers!
        You said my lawyer will get those. Is any other way that I can get the approval?
        thank again for your answer!

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b

sorry....another question
          if the immigration needs more information on my H1b, are they going to contact my employer or my lawyer?
          thank you

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
            Your only source is the lawyer. The lawyer will be the first one (and the only one) to receive the I-797.
            if the immigration needs more information on my H1b, are they going to contact my employer or my lawyer? do you know?
            thanks

Comment

Bad choice

Hi.
              It is indeed a shame that you got yourself in such a soup where you have an ATTORNEY who doesn't have any back up staff to respond to their Clients in his absence(He is on a really long vacation, sounds FISHY?)
              For your solution, try contacting your employer because he might be aware of your receipt number.
              Ciao.

Comment

Originally posted by ioana
                if the immigration needs more information on my H1b, are they going to contact my employer or my lawyer? do you know?
                thanks
                All USCIS communication will be with the attorney on file, not with the employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X