Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on POE date

Hi,

Thanks a lot for clearing by queries in my last post.... I have another query..

Background of case :
    --------------------
    1. I came to USA during mid April 2007 by employer A on H1B , during POE, officer given the date as 29th Sep 2008 on my I-94 as my Passport was expiring on 30th Sep 2008.

2. I have switched my H1 to employer B during end June 2007 , Got new I-797 with I-94 attached.

3. I have also applied for passport validity extension for 10 yrs and got new passport , valid till 2018.

Do I have to leave USA on 29th Sep 2008 as in I-94 , officer written the date when in entered during Mid April... Please advice.

Thanks a lot ,
    Amy

Your status is determined by the latest I-94 you got with your H1 transfer. The date on the new I-94 is your period of legal stay/work. Your old I-94 is no longer the governing I-94 because you do not work for your old employer. Passport renewal issue is irrelevant.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

What is the date of expiry on the new I797 I-94? It should contain the same number as the original I-94 from POE. That determines your stay validity.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

My new I-94 Number is same as the I-94 which i got during POE.
        The new I-94 says valid from xxx until yy/2010
        class - H1B ,my name with WAC number and petitioner name and address ..

Seems fine... isnt it ?

Amy

Comment

You are fine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a log again.... now bit relaxed...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X