H4 planning to go to India.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 planning to go to India.

Hi, Me and my wife holds H1 & H4 extension petition valid till 2010. I live in Oregon, My attorney submitted my I-140 in Mar 08 in Texas Service Center. Now my wife wants to go to India and stay there for couple of months say till mid Sep/Oct.

have couple of question's:

1.) will it be ok if i send my wife to india and she can stay till Sep/Oct considering her name is mention in I140.
    2.) If in case i get an RFE, does this RFE have something to do with my wife as she will be in INDIA. if YES is the answer then what steps i should take?
    3.) In case if my project ends here in Oregon and i happened to move to other states to work at different clients, then do i need to mention USCIS/Attorney about my change of address, does this impact anything on my wife's absence here in USA.
    4.) how does this processing center apply, is it based on the region or state where the candidate resides or like what..

I appreciate if anyone let me know the above things.

1. No issues with her travel. I140 has nothing to do with anyones travel.
    2. No, I140 RFEs will be about employer and at the most your education etc not your wife.
    3. Address change in mandatory for all aliens using AR-11 form. But that has nothing to do with your wife's absence. She will report her latest address while entering on the I-94 arrival record.
    4. Not sure what was supposed to be conveyed here. I could not make out.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      1. No issues with her travel. I140 has nothing to do with anyones travel.
      2. No, I140 RFEs will be about employer and at the most your education etc not your wife.
      3. Address change in mandatory for all aliens using AR-11 form. But that has nothing to do with your wife's absence. She will report her latest address while entering on the I-94 arrival record.
      4. Not sure what was supposed to be conveyed here. I could not make out.
      Thanks Txh1b, Regarding my 4th questions, what i mean is since i am living and working here in Oregon state, My attorney submitted my I140 and the processing center is Texas Service Center TSC? On what basis my attorney submitted to TSC, why not california since i am close to California state. If i moved to some other state eg: eastern site when i report my address change to my attorney/uscis. Which center probably they may transfer or what criteria or what basis they will change my processing center from TSC to some other servicing cener

Thanks

Comment

Not all service centers handle all types of applications. I140 is handled only by TSC and NSC AFAIK. They also do load balancing by transferring the cases between each other when they have capacity available.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          Not all service centers handle all types of applications. I140 is handled only by TSC and NSC AFAIK. They also do load balancing by transferring the cases between each other when they have capacity available.
          Thank You very Much !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X