Trivial situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivial situation

I changed my status from L1 to H1 with a company ABC. My wife and son are going for H4 stamping. After they get their H4 my H1 will be transfered to another company XYZ. Can my wife and son travel with that H4 or should they go for another H4?
    Since I changed my status from L1 to H1 and did not go out of US yet, I dont have a visa. I am planning to get visa only after changing H1 to XYZ. Will that be a problem?
    Last edited by mukkollu; 06-02-2008, 11:12 PM.

Once your wife and son get H4s, they need not get H4s again. The H4 visa is valid in case you change your employer.

Will they be entering the U.S. while your H1 transfer is pending? OR before you apply? OR after you get the transfer approved?
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

They will be entering while the H1 transfer is in process.

Comment

AFAIK, The I-94s they will get will be based on your old (current) employer's I-797 which will have a shorter validity. Their I-94 dates will not match your new I-94 that would come with the new employer's I-797. In this case, you will just need to be aware of the I-94 dates as this date determine their status.

If I were you, I would apply for my transfer in Premium Processing and get the approval in 15 days. Then, ask the dependents to enter with the new I-797 so that all I-94 dates, on your I-94 and theirs, are the same. This avoids confusion and puts everyone on same page. Maybe it's just me.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X