Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B petition after 221g

Hi All,

Could somebody please answer my question?

I had my H1B petition approved in 2005. But the employer couldn't provide me the required docs (client letter etc) and I received 221g thrice. In 2007 Chennai consulate returned my petition back to USCIS. I wanted to get the petition filed again this year by another employer. But because of some personal reasons I couldn't do that. Since the quota for 2008 is already over I cant get a new employer to file the petition now. My questions are :

1. Since I am already counted toward the cap in 2005 do I need to wait for next year? Or Can another emplyer file the petition now?

2. If I get another employer to file my petition, how long can I stay in the US on H1 status (3 years)? Is it a good idea to wait for the next year (2009 April) and get the petition filed by the new employer?

Thanks in advance,
    Arvind.

1. If consulate returned the petition to USCIS for a revoke, then you should apply under the new cap as your visa number has been recaptured.
    2. New cap, 6 years with first installment of 3 years :-)

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X