Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa Expiration and duration of stay at USA

Hi Team,

I got my H1b petition on December 2003 but I entered USA May 2006. My petition got extended 2nd time and valid upto October 2009.My I-94 also valid up October 2009.
    I am staying USA during last 02 years .
    Should I need to leave USA October 2009 as my visa and I-94 will be expire on October 2009.
    I came to know that I can stay USA for 06 years with H1B.What I need to do for that?

Regards
    Amitava

You have 6 years of "usable" H1b. Any period spent outside the US can be recaptured by applying for another renewal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Can I reapply for petition extension ( 3rd time )before the current petition expired ?

Comment

Extensions can be done unlimited times within the 6 years.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

What is the process for next petition extension like
          When should I take the initiative?
          Where to apply for next petition extension

Comment

Your employer does it for you. Ask them. It's the same as the H1 petition. It can be done 6 months before your I-94 expires.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X