Can i be on payroll even before receival of EAC# for H1-Xfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i be on payroll even before receival of EAC# for H1-Xfer

My H1 transfer has been filed at VSC in the first week of June. During the same time i even started working at the client site. My employer is waiting for my EAC # to put me on the payroll. My EAC has not come yet and im not getting paid too, not even a personal check from my employer. Can someone tell me how to deal this situation ..

Re: Can i be on payroll even before receival of EAC# for H1-

Oh my God, tell that guy to pay you now. You only need to have the case FILED in order to be placed on payroll when you are filing an H-1B transfer from one company to the next. (I am assuming you did not file this H-1 transfer after the expiration date of your first H-1)?

If it is the case that you filed before the expiration date of your previous H-1 and you are only switching employers, Tell your current employer that it is very much common knowledge in Immigration law that you need not wait for a receipt notice. The language of the law says, WHEN FILED. And subsequent interpretations from the INS have also confirmed this.

Comment

Re: Can i be on payroll even before receival of EAC# for H1-

If you're working, you must be paid. If the employer's interpretation of the law prevents you from being paid, for him to say that you are legally able to work is contradictory.

Jim

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X