Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India

Hi

I am working on H1 B and my wife on H4. We applied for her H1 B and it has picked up in the lottery but no approval yet. We intend to go to india between Aug & Sep. My H1 B Visa Stamping has expired and I require a new stamping & so does she for H4.

My questions are as follows, assuming that her H1 gets approved.

1. Could my wife get her H4 stamping done in Mexico say in July and re-enter US in Sep after the India trip? Also could she travel outside the country with her H1 B approval pending?

2. Or should my wife get H4 stamping done in India in Aug and enter US in Sep as H4, considering the fact that her approved H1 B COS would be effective Oct 1?

3. Or Would it be rather safe for her to wait until Oct in India, get her H1 B stamping and enter the US in H1 B status?

Please advice.

Much Thanks in Advance.
    vj

best approach would be to get H1 stamped as soon as possible in India and she can enter 10 days before Oct 1, 2008 sometime around Sep 21-22 using her H1.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

But I guess I was looking to see if other options might also be feasible. Could someone let me know how feasible/valid might each of the options be?

The reason is, I could be in any situation real soon depending certain thinsg that are going on.

Again, much thanks in advance.

Comment

Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Thanks DMX. That really helped.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...