Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-b Visa Re-validation For Indonesian

hey all,
    i have a predicament. i wish you all can help.
    i'm an indonesian citizen, and got my h1b in september 2007. my visa valid til september 2010. but on my visa, it shows that i have to revalidate my visa if i want to leave US, and re-enter after july 26th, 2008. what should i do? can i go to canada and re-validate my entry to US (which expires every 12 months) or can i do it fro US/ i'm afraid that the US consulate won't let me enter US again. and what are the docs i need for that process?

i wish i dont have to leave US within 3 years (until 2010), but i have an old parent, and i want to visit her at least once a year. please help. i really appreciate your input.

suzi

What is this "re-validation" all about? I have never heard of anything like this.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

here's what it says from us embassy in jakarta:

VISA VALIDITY

The maximum validity for H-1/B visas for Indonesian citizens is 12 months. H-1/B visas are annotated to note the U.S. employer and may be for a shorter duration depending on the length of the petition.. The expiration date of the visa notes the last day you may use the visa to apply to enter the United States. The expiration date is not the last day you are allowed to remain in the U.S. Every time you plan to travel to the U.S, remember to assure your passport is valid for at least six months from the time you plan to depart the U.S. However, you may travel with two passports -- one expired passport with a valid visa and a new passport.

Comment

I guess you need to re-validate if you want to re-enter after the 1 yr period. You cannot do this in the U.S., AFAIK. You can go to your home country or any other consulate abroad.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X