"Employer Letter" for H4 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Employer Letter" for H4 visa

I am on H1B visa and getting married next month in India. My wife will accompany me back on H4 visa, if granted.

One of the supporting documents required for H4 visa is "letter from employer and the purpose of travel" as listed on the site.

Considering the post from Rajasekarr on 4-14-08 http://immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40819

Should i ask my employer to add a line saying that I will be visiting India for marriage and my wife named ABC would like to join me on H4 visa.

If yes, does the letter needs to be addressed to Consular general instead of "whomsover it may concern" ?

I thought that this letter just mentions my designation, pay, start date, role and addressed to "whomsover it may concern".

Kindly advise on the content of letter.

Thanks

Your questions seem trivial to me. The letter itself does not matter much, I think. I did not know about such letters when I and my wife went for H1 stamping.

Address to "Whoever that cares" (whomsover it may concern).
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by satpur
      Should i ask my employer to add a line saying that I will be visiting India for marriage and my wife named ABC would like to join me on H4 visa.
      Yes unless the ABC is not yet decided and you are going on a bride shopping trip.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks and appreciated for the prompt reply.

I will address it to "whomsover it may concern" and add a line saying that "I will be visiting India for marriage and my wife named ABC would like to join me on H4 visa".

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          bride shopping trip.
          If you shop around too much, you get confused and you end up picking the wrong item (sorry feminists). But this time, it will be hard to return it as some items are culturally intended to be "non-returnable". Don’t try ‘em to your satisfaction before buying ‘em. It’s definitely not allowed. Keep this mind.

Just a little extrapolation for fun!
          Last edited by DMX17; 06-05-2008, 05:11 PM.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!
          http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Im engaged.

Comment

Letter not mandatory (compulsory) ...

... but if you do obtain it, address it to Consul General.

Suggest have the name change for your spouse from ABC to something else. Might have issues later on!

Comment

Yeah, i think addressing it to consul general will be more specific.

I will talk to my employer if they can provide.

- Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                  I think the letter from employer is mandatory because it is listed on the pdf file of reqd docs. on interview day as a "Original letter from employer that describes your proposed duties". This pdf file is generated after we confirm the date online.

Usually that employer letter just mentions about designation, pay, start date, role and addressed to "whomsover it may concern".

I was worried after that Rajasekkar case

so I thought of adding that extra line after reading the post from Txh1b.

Comment

The same letter has your info as well like your start date, pay, work location etc.

It could be on a different letter as well. It does not matter. My employer issues two separate letters, one for employment verification and one for spouse visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Oh ..thankss

got it wat u mean to say.

I think i will address it to consul general and get everything covered in one letter.

Appreciate your prompt help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X