Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on non-profit H1 visa

Hi,

I want information on initiating H1 Process for non-profit organization..

Main concerns

when to apply?
    how much cost?
    how much processing time?
    If I can apply today,if possible is it possible to have status by September end?
    Current status : L2 visa + EAD and working for NP employer.

if there is any portal for the above info, please write about that.

I know my Non-profit employer has the above info but I want to know about it personally from other sources before I initiate the process from NP employer

Thanks

Last edited by upengan78; 06-09-2008, 04:12 PM.

What is your profession? What kind of non-profit employer is it?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      What is your profession? What kind of non-profit employer is it?
      a state University Full time Permanent Employee in Chicago IL and IT Services Dept.

Comment

when to apply?

Anytime as it is cap exempt. The earliest is 6 months before your intended start date on H1b

how much cost?

It should cost nothing to you. To the University, the usual H1b cost which could be as follows.

USCIS fees for filing an H1B petition are as follows: 1) Filing fee - $320; 2) Fraud Prevention Fee - $500 [if it is the first petition filed by employer -i.e. initial approval of H1B, or persons porting from one employer to the next; and (3) Training fee - either $750 or $1,500 depending on the number of employees (unless exempt from this fee). The training fee ($750 <25 employees/$1,500>25 employees) if applicable, is the only fee that the employer must pay. But cap-exempt employers are not required to pay the fees. Universities, if they want to can collect everything related to H1b fees from the beneficiary.
        Anywhere between 2-6 months or more depending on security checks. There is also an optional $1,000 fee for persons interested in USCIS'premium processing service. USCIS guarantees that H1B petitions filed using premium process will be adjudicated within 15 days

If I can apply today,if possible is it possible to have status by September end?
        I'm not sure I understand this question. Yes, you can get H1b status only after the COS from L2 to H1b is approved.
        Last edited by txh1b; 06-09-2008, 06:04 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          when to apply?

Anytime as it is cap exempt. The earliest is 6 months before your intended start date on H1b

how much cost?

It should cost nothing to you. To the University, the usual H1b cost which could be as follows.

USCIS fees for filing an H1B petition are as follows: 1) Filing fee - $320; 2) Fraud Prevention Fee - $500 [if it is the first petition filed by employer -i.e. initial approval of H1B, or persons porting from one employer to the next; and (3) Training fee - either $750 or $1,500 depending on the number of employees (unless exempt from this fee). The training fee ($750 <25 employees/$1,500>25 employees) if applicable, is the only fee that the employer must pay. But cap-exempt employers are not required to pay the fees. Universities, if they want to can collect everything related to H1b fees from the beneficiary.
          Anywhere between 2-6 months or more depending on security checks. There is also an optional $1,000 fee for persons interested in USCIS'premium processing service. USCIS guarantees that H1B petitions filed using premium process will be adjudicated within 15 days

I'm not sure I understand this question. Yes, you can get H1b status only after the COS from L2 to H1b is approved.
          Thank you so so much !

Last question, sorry about confusion, I could not edit it properly. I want to know..

If the university files today,(if it is allowed to file now.) what are the chances that I will have it in hand by September 2008 ?

but I think you already answered that in your reply (2-6 months) for normal processing.

Thanks again...
          Last edited by upengan78; 06-10-2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X