Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa

Hi All,

I entered USA on H4 visa in May, 2007 and got it extended lately but not stamped. I applied my H1b Visa while I was in USA and got my approval notice today on June 10, 2008. I want to know:

[1]Do I need to go to India for stamping or can get it done from USA?
    [2]Do I need to attend an inteview for stamping?

Thanks,

Please help
    Last edited by eishasuri19; 06-10-2008, 11:01 AM.

H1 and H4 issues

I entered USA on H4 visa in May, 2007 and got it extended lately but not stamped. I applied my H1b Visa while I was in USA and got my approval notice today on June 10, 2008. I want to know:

[1]Do I need to go to India for stamping or can get it done from USA?
    [2]Do I need to attend an inteview for stamping?
    [3]Are there any chances that USCIS can reject my Stamping fro any XYZ reason?
    [4]Do i need to get my Visa stamped necessarily before Oct1st or Can I get it done whenever I go to India?
    [5]Do my visa status changes automatically on Oct 1st(even without stamping) or do i have to get it stamped to get my status changed.

---- All the questions are one and the same. They are repeated for no purpose

---- Anyhow, if you have a COS from H4 to H1 there is no need for you to go oit of US and get a Visa stamped on your Passport. Otherwise you can apply for a COS now if your H4 and I-94 are still valid and unexpired

---- However, if you go to India even with a COS, you have to attend a Visa interview get the H1 stamped on your Passport adn then return to the US on H1 status

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X