Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about h1 Receipt

Hi Guys,

After asking so many times (Employer had told me that its been selected but had not given any receipt num), my employer finally gave me the receipt number, upon checking that, it says, On 28th April 2008, we have approved your Petition and have mailed you the notice!

I have following question

1) If on 28th it has been approved, he should have got i129/receipt number before that. (Till end of may he was saying he has not received any receipt number) -- Whats wrong here?

2) Till now he says, he has not received any hardcopy (i797) from the INS, and he would mail me as soon as he gets it
    -- Does it take 6 weeks to get the i797?

3) If he has got the receipt, has he filed in general quota or Premium Processing (Since I haven't seen any one in the past, whose i129 got approved in April itself!! and USCIS website says, it'll process all premium processing petition before 30th April)

4) Company is in east coast, but the num starts from WAC!! (There isn't any rule that employer cannot apply thro' diff service center.... Correct me if I am wrong)

5) Is the employer really telling me the truth or taking me for a ride!! Lot of confusion.

Thanks in advance.

Sachi

1. receipt is I797C. I129 is your actual H1b application that is filed with USCIS.

2. Something sounds fishy here. Was yours a Premium Processing case? I am guessing your employer is lying.

3. If it was approved and the petition # belongs to you, it has to be a premium processing case. It is highly improbable for USCIS to process a general case so quick.

4. It is possible that they have a branch office that falls under Western adjudication center? Check filing jurisdiction on USCIS for I129.

5. Did you pay for your H1b? That will make me give you the correct answer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been following this site since a month. Really very educative.

Answers to your question

2) I don't know whether my case is premium or ordinary

5) Yes I did pay some deposit amount (not as much as the USCIS charges for the H1b filing though)

Even I think some thing is really fishy. Not sure whats happening.

Also, I have seen in one of the forum, that one of the guy got is I797 after 6weeks and his was a premium processing non Master quota.

Is there anything else that I can ask him, just to make sure that the wac number belongs to me. (he didnt give me the i129 scanned copy either)

Comment

Ask for I797C, the actual receipt given by USCIS. That will have your name on it if it belongs to you.

Otherwise, your employer is shady and he doesn't want to to be moving over to a different company.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hmmm,

The problem is, what ever I ask him, he has one answer. saying, we'll send you what ever we get it. We want you to come here more than you and that too at the earliest..... And thats our business anyways... blah blah..

One more thing to add. Totally 5 of my friends had applied through him. He is telling these stories only to me and to rest, he has told, they haven't received any update on their petition.

This is the only hope I have, that mine was probably picked!! (Being Positive )

Thanks again,

Sachi

Comment

May be you are the lucky favorite employee for this firm

Comment

I was little positive, before seeing your previous post!!

Anyways, let me see what happens. (Thats what I can do )

Thanks again for all your reply. You are really doing a great job in this forum.

Let me not bug you much, there are so many threads awaiting your attention!

Have a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by sachih1

Let me not bug you much, there are so many threads awaiting your attention!
                Where are the so-called threads waiting for attention? My post count needs a boost.

Everywhere I look, some people with more than 1000 posts have gotten all the bases covered !
                Check out H1 FAQs first!
                http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Like sachin

My case is also of like sachin. The consultant denies to send a copy of (scan) of receipt which no he gave me. When enquired he says it is not going help any way after confirming the selection through lottery.

The USCIS web portal shows some upadtion on June 4,2008, but I did not receive any mail in this regard or my employer is not admitting the updation. Intially the sponsor has said he is an employer now I understand he is only a consultant.

I am not sure the receipt no he gave belongs to me. If he is having a copy from attorny he is duty bound to send me a copy of it.

The USCIS web portal show rceived on May 02, 2008 and the case is pending.

I expected the USCIS to send a copy of developments in the H1B application my employer submitted.

Is there any chance of the denial now in the entry level itself.

can any one tell me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X