H4 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa

I am working in US on H1-B I am getting married in 4 months. I want to file H4 visa for wife. I have need some information :

1. My would be wife is working in Musact (Oman) her family is settled there for last 10 yeas but she has Indian passport and she is indian citizen only and we are getting married in Jammu and Kashmire(India) and we are going file for her H4 from Delhi US consultate.I want to know should i need to take any precautions or there is any different formality as she is in Musact(Oman)

2. Should want to take appointment for her H4 before marrige because after marriage we will not have lot of time and if i take appointment before marriage then what should i give adress her adrdess or my address and should i put my name on her forms as husband or her father's name.

Can any one help me in detail in whole process of H4 in my case.

Thanks,
    All

1. After marriage, your residency rules can be applied to her as well. She can attend your consulate. For example, a couple that gets married belonging to North and South India could attend the visa appointment together in one consulate than one attending in Delhi and another in Chennai irrespective of their prior residence.
    2. Yes, All information in the application would be as if you are married and can be taken well in advance. The VFS application autopopulates the date as of the date application was filled. You can correct the date and have her sign it or update the application and print it later.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      1. After marriage, your residency rules can be applied to her as well. She can attend your consulate. For example, a couple that gets married belonging to North and South India could attend the visa appointment together in one consulate than one attending in Delhi and another in Chennai irrespective of their prior residence.
      2. Yes, All information in the application would be as if you are married and can be taken well in advance. The VFS application autopopulates the date as of the date application was filled. You can correct the date and have her sign it or update the application and print it later.
      Thanks alot. Should I need to do anything else in my case.

Comment

Nothing special other than reporting your experience after the fact for the benefit of other forum users that may be in similar situation.

Also, mention the correct past addresses if a DS157 has to be filled out.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X