Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New passport after 221(g)

Hi,

I got 221(g) for AAP(Additional Administrative Processing) last year.
    And yesterday i got a letter from consulate to send some documents from employer side and asked me to drop through VFS.

But the problem is mean while 6 months back applied for new passport as the photo is not clear. And also i Got my new passport.

Now the question is which passport number should i mention as the consulate recognize me through the old passport only.. But if i mention my old passport number in my DS-156 and 157 , and if i get Visa do they accept the new Passport.

Please explain my doubts clearly...

Thanks in advance..

Vandana

Send both old and new passport. They will stamp it in the new passport.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Help Needed-Urgent passport change after 221g

Hi All,

Mine is a complicated case. I attended H1B interview to US consulate and received 221(g) admin processing.Later i realized my passport is not valid. It has no link to my previous damaged passport.I applied it through a agent and he did not return me my damaged passport. Then i realized it is equivalent of a new passport.I approached passport officals who blamed me fully and said you need to pay fine which i did and they took my passport and cancelled it and asked me to apply afresh.

I applied for a new passport which wont have any link to the passport on which i got my petetion.
      Do i need to apply to USCIS to update my petetion with latest held passport?

Now i received letter from consulate asking me to appear for interview.

What do i do?

In the letter they mentioned if you dont respond within 1 year of 221(g)eligibility date your application will expire.

What is the 221(G)eligibility date, the date on which i attended to interview?

Comment

phanib

Hey,

The date begins when they complete administrative processing. Admin processing should take around 1 to 2 months. If you are lucky 2 -3 weeks. Anyways, you should have started a new thread.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X