Travelling when the h4 extension petition is pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling when the h4 extension petition is pending

My current H4 Visa will be expired on Jun 30 2008 and applied for an extension. I am planning to travel to india on Aug 2008 and I am not sure whether I will be getting my approval notice by then.

Can I travel when my case is pending?

For a H4, it is a different story. You can travel while an extension is pending but go for the visa stamping provided the H1 extension has already been complete with the H1b approval notice.

The receipt for extension filed before the I-94 expired can be carried along with you for the stamping to prove that the person was not out of status or had unauthorized presence.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Travelling when the h4 extension petition is pending

Thanks txtH1B.

But the H1B extension is also pending till date.

So I have no problems in going to india now and I can go to stamping (in india) only after my husband's H1B extension is approved

Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by sashsunder
        Thanks txtH1B.

But the H1B extension is also pending till date.

So I have no problems in going to india now and I can go to stamping (in india) only after my husband's H1B extension is approved

Is that correct?
        Yes.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X