H4 .Need Suggestion and Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 .Need Suggestion and Advice

I am working in US on H1-B and getting married in 4 months and i want to file H4 for my spouse and I have some doubts as below.

1. My Would be wife is indian citizen and her family is settled in muscat and she is currently working in Muscat(Oman) she got new passport from Indian Ambassy Musact so in for what should i write in form
    D156 in file passport issuance place, Country, State and province.

2. We will be getting married in my home town Jammu(Jammu and Kashmire) so where should we apply for her visa interview.

3. should we need to change her passport address after marriage same as my adress or what ?? her permanent address is from Chandigarh and mine is from Jammu. what changes are required in her passport after marrige. and what address should we fill in forms her permanent address or mine ??.

is there will be any thing else required in my case please advice.

Thanks in advance.

1. Write where it was issued as per the passport.
    2. Go to Delhi
    3. No need to change address on the passport.

Did you not post this before?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      1. Write where it was issued as per the passport.
      2. Go to Delhi
      3. No need to change address on the passport.

Did you not post this before?
      Thanks alot txh1b
      Yes i did post this before. but still i have confusion what should i put in her forms reagrding her address because if i an not going to change her address on passport then her address will be chandigarah address but after marriage she will be staying with me means her address will be same as mine.So what information should i fill on her forms while taking appoint and filling D156,157 form.

Comment

Don't even worry about the address on the passport. It is very trivial. The address on DS156 and I157 has to be current address after the wedding. If you need to mention address and study history, that is done on DS157.

You are worrying too much about minor things.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          Don't even worry about the address on the passport. It is very trivial. The address on DS156 and I157 has to be current address after the wedding. If you need to mention address and study history, that is done on DS157.

You are worrying too much about minor things.
          Thank you very much...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X