On OPT H1 approved. Need H1 transfer before Oct2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a380x
    If employer A agrees for letting B hire me, it will solve the whole thing. Is that correct?
    Yes, get an explicit release signed and a no objection signed from them.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      I understand your point. More questions:

1) My passport has expired on 06-Aug-08. Do I have to have unexpired passport for H1-B Visa transfer?

2) For renewal, I need to send my passport to NY consulate. Under Tatkal scheme I can apply for passport in person, but do I have to receive it in person or it can be sent by mail when it is ready?

Thanks,
      VJ

Comment

I dont think Tatkal is applicable in US. You have to check on the consulate website. You are better to have the PP extended but for H1b extension, i don't think it matters and even if it did, you will have a renewed one by the time they ask for it in a RFE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I dont think Tatkal is applicable in US. You have to check on the consulate website. You are better to have the PP extended but for H1b extension, i don't think it matters and even if it did, you will have a renewed one by the time they ask for it in a RFE.
          Please take a look at /urgent-indian-passport-under-tatkal-passport-scheme/

Here's where they have described Tatkal Service info.

Just to clarify, I am currently on OPT, H-1B got approved, starting from Oct 2008. There're chances taht I will get hired by someone else than my current employer. Hence, I will need Transfer and not extension of H-1B.

The problem is I don't know how much time NY Consulate will take to renew my passport. And H-1B petition requires valid passport. Now does valid mean unexpired?

Can the H1-B transfer begin, in which I send a copy of expired passport and then send out the passport for renewal?

What is an RFE?

Comment

txh1b,
            Further to this, is there a sample no objection letter and release letter for the US employment situations? I would like create a draft by myself and have it approved and then signed by my current employer.

Thanks for your help.
            VJ

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X