Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1B transfer

Facts:

1. I am on L1 VISA working in US for company A from Apr 2007. (I94 will expire by Sep 13, 2008 and applied for L1 Extension)
    2. I have applied for H1B through employer B in Mar 2008 and got the receipt number (EAC number).
    3. I would like to continue with Company A in L1 status after Oct 1st 2008 and use the approved H1B in 2009. I came to know that to continue in L1 I need to go back to India before Oct 1st and comeback to US after Oct 1st.

Kindly let me know 1. The above option is correct? Is there any other option available to continue in L1 after Oct 1st?
    2. If the above option is correct should I take my wife and kid (they are in L2) to India to continue in L2 after Oct 1st 08.
    3. Can I work on approved H1B if I get a good job at a later stage? If yes what are the procedures?

Thanks
    vkn

1. That is correct.
    2. Did you file for a COS to H4 for them also? If not, as long as you leave temporarily in Sept and return after Oct 1st on L1, they can remain on L2.
    3. I answer this question once a day. Look on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank You very much!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X