Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 797 denial

Hi,
    An emplyeer filed a petition for H1 visa for me, but the outcome for I797 was denial. Now I want to apply as a tourist visa to US do I have to say in form that I was denied visa. I think so I do not have to write no, because I never filed H1 visa application. What should I do ?

Visa Application

An emplyeer filed a petition for H1 visa for me, but the outcome for I797 was denial. Now I want to apply as a tourist visa to US do I have to say in form that I was denied visa. I think so I do not have to write no, because I never filed H1 visa application. What should I do ?

---- It appears that the application for H1 petition has been denied and not the Visa. A Visa is applied by you at a US Consulate when you receive a I-797 (H1 approval notice)

---- In the forms that you fill for a B1 Visa, there is no need to mention anything as you have not applied for any Visa (including H1)

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Fas

Hi FAS, Sorry to know that ur H1B could not proceed further.
        Did ur application prove to be successful in lottery or was it denied at the stage of petition.
        Incase at the stage of petition,, what were the reasons?
        Can you letme know.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi!
          even I am facing the similar problem. My employer had filed H1 on 1 April 2008 but he is not providing me any updates about H1 status saying that they have not yet received EAC number.
          I would like to know that if my petition is rejected, how I can know that it is rejected before lottery or after lottery? Do we get such acknowledgement from USCIS that petition is rejected before lottery itself?

Comment

Please start your own thread for better replys to you question.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X