X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-B Visa stamping at Mumbai Denied twice = HELP>:

Hi Immihelp and others,

I really need some advise ASAP here.

The H-1b visa of a person I know has been denied for the first time, due to a typological error on the part of the law firm on I-129 in the 'post applied for' field. The consulate officer collected the original visa from the person and informed him that they will be sending the visa back to INS to be cancelled

Subsequently, since this was a typological error, the law firm filed an amendment to this and after 3 months got the approval from INS. But this time when the person went to Mumbai consulate again, the same officer, was there and that person told him that since they had revoked the visa earlier, you cannot file for amendment.

But the law firm and I was of the opinion that only INS can revoke the visa, the fact they granted amended H-1b visa, clearly indicates that the original visa has not been revoked.

The attorney has send email/fax to the consulate in this regard. But we have not got any response in this regard.

Is there any way this can be appealed to anyone???

Because there is no valid reason for denial the second time.

VFP.

p.s. This is one of the best attorney firm for immigration cases. Even they are having a tough time in this case.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X