Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B 2008 Cap: not yet received receipt number

Hello All,
    Greetings! I am new to this forum and seeking for your help. My employer has filed my H1 B on 1 April 2008 (mumbai, India). However I have not received any updates from my employer about the status. I am worried that is my employer fooling me by delaying the updates. I stay in Mumbai, India and the petition is submitted from the same.

1. Is there any acknowledegement or number given by USCIS after submission of petition and before Lottery Ranadom selection process. If yes what is it called so that i will ask enquire ack. number to my employer.

2. Employer said that they have not received the EAC number. what is it? when is it given?

3. By which date/month I should expect to receive EAC number from USCIS? any deadline for it?

4. If I have not yet received EAC number what it indicate? does it mean that my H1 petition is rejected?

Please help.

Regards,
    Preetu

1. No acknowledgement for submission.
    2. It is a receipt number for tracking given to people that got selected.
    3. You can forget about it now as the likelihood of you not making it through is very high.
    4. Not rejected but not selected. Ones that are selected only get EAC/WAC/SRC/LIN numbers depending on the service center.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you very much for the reply. If I assume that now my petition is not selected, is there any other visa that will allow to work in US other that L1.?
      I am a software engineer and is there any other quota that will allow me to file H1 for this year again?

Comment

You don't file the H1b, employer does. You can research into cap-exempt H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

yes, my empolyer will file it. He is ready to explore the options. Will you please give me some details about cap-exepmt quota? who is eligible for it? and when the process of cap exempt quota initiated? I am a software engineer working for priave company.

Your reply and guidance will be of great help to me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X