Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent question regarding travel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • txh1b
    replied
    Just answered a similar question few hours back.

    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43518

    Leave a comment:


  • h4_awaiting_h1
    replied
    Thank you for your response txh1b.

    When I re-enter on H4 after travel, do I need to tell the officer at PoE about my H1B approval and CoS from October. I was concerned because I wil have to handover my current I-94 and the new I-94 issued when I return will have a different one from the one on the I797 approval.

    Am I worrying about somethin very trivial or is this genuinely a matter of concern for me?

    Leave a comment:


  • txh1b
    replied
    Some of these questions should have been asked before having two companies apply for your H1b. What is the point of asking now?

    Anyway, no issues with any of your concerns.

    Leave a comment:


  • h4_awaiting_h1
    replied
    Thank you txh1b for your reply. 1 small doubt though, is it ok to have 2 H1B's approved for a single benificiary or will USCIS approve only 1 and reject the other.

    Also will I face any problems in furture when I go to stamping or at PoE because of the petition from Company B which I will not be using?

    Would appreciate your response on this,

    THanks

    Leave a comment:


  • txh1b
    replied
    1. No such restrictions. You can leave after you get approval for A.
    2. Travel does not result in rejections. It just abandons the COS request. H1 still gets processed.
    3. Yes. It will not impact COS if you leave after approval of COS and return before Oct 1st. Search for Efren Hernandez Memo.
    4. Check immihelp main page.

    Leave a comment:


  • h4_awaiting_h1
    started a topic Urgent question regarding travel

    Urgent question regarding travel

    I am currently on H4 and I have 2 H1B petitions filed on my behalf from 2 different firms Company A and Company B as Change of Status(CoS). Both of my petitions have been selected in the lottery and I am awaiting approvals for both. I wish to travel to India in July and return in Sept. I had the following questions and I am very confused , I wanted some of the senior members to clarify these doubts

    1. Should I wait until I receive approvals for both the petitions before I travel or is it suffecient to receive the approval for Company A alone as I intend to join only Company A and work for them from Oct and not Company B.

    2. If the petition from Company B gets rejected due to my travel before receiving approval, does it affect my already approved petition from Company A in any way?

    3. When I travel, can I come back on H4 status before Oct 1st? Will this affect my approved petition and CoS in any way?

    4. If I need to return after Oct 1st, what are the documents that I should carry in order to get H1B stamped before I return.

    I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this plzzzz...
    Last edited by h4_awaiting_h1; 06-16-2008, 08:00 PM.
Working...
X