X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS to Start Mailing (H1B 2009 )Rejection Notices

Hi,

One article is saying

"On June 12, 2008, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) informed the American Immigration Lawyers Association that the H-1B random selection process has been completed. USCIS completed the intake and receipt processes for all filings as of May 24, 2008 and began mailing rejection notices the week of June 9. Therefore, if an employer has not yet received a filing confirmation (Form I-797C Notice of Action), it likely means that the petition was not selected in the random process and that the rejection notice will be forthcoming.

"

Anyone one has any confirmation ???

Thanks,

I think it's correct.

"The USCIS has kept its origital schedule to mail out receipt notices for selected cases before June 2, 2008. According to the AILA, they indeed completed mailing out of the receipt notices on May 24, 2008. They started returning the loser cases beginning from this week. One bad news is that there will be no "reserve pool" this year as they determined that the initially selected cases meet this year's cap without the reserve."
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

I better start preparing for the adjudicator exam that qualifies for cap-exempt H1b

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

In such circumstances as yours, an individual may invoke AC21 and lie about the position being similar and use EAD. Once you get the job, you will be adjudicating your own case if you are smart. .
        Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

and then get nailed for lack of moral character later on?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

That was the catch.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

No reserve pool??

What will happen to those multiple applications, which got selected for a candidate and he/she would anyways take only one.

What about the rejections. So does it mean that they wouldn't be filling all the quota!?! (Dont you think its a loss to US )

Comment

They probably already took care of MFs consolidating them to be counted as one. They had all the time to do so and issue receipts to everyone based on that. The quota has to be filled if there are sufficient applicants.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X