Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

valid h1 but fired , how long i can stay legally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valid h1 but fired , how long i can stay legally?

hi,
    I'm here in H1 B which is valid till 2002. How many days can I stay here in US before I get a new job if my present employer fired me out (suddenly)
    but hasnt revoked my h1b? since h1b is valid till 2002, whether i will be out of status the day my employer fired me?

pls help me..
    -Raj.

You have 2 weeks. The employer has to pay for all the expenses to move back to your country. Else you should file a H1 from another company before that time. If you cannot document INS ( by paycheks/ employment letters) then you will be considered out of status for this period.

Hope this helps. Again this is only information i gathered from the boards in the last couple of years. Use it at your own discretion.

Comment

H1B

You can get a H1B as a independent consultant by transferring your H1B to a company who can sponsor you, but you have to place yourself and will have to pay a fee or commission of 10 to 20% of your billing rate. Hope this helps. If you have further queries, post your question here so that I can help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X